If you are wearing your natural hair in locs or twists, you definitely want to make sure that they are looking fresh and neat at all times. My hair is natural and I recently did the twist, but they were getting a little fuzzy, so I used the palm rolling technique to get them looking nice again. This is an easy technique that anyone can use as long as you have the right hair products. Let me explain the simple steps that I used to palm roll my natural hair.
I started my palm rolling by separating the loose section of my hair from the part that I was going to be working on. Grab your jar of locking get. As I said in my blog post “The Easy Way to Twist Your Natural Hair into Beautiful Locs” I use the Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel, and would highly recommend it.
- Apply some of the locking get to a strand of loc (hair).
- Use your fingers to gather all the stray hair at the root.
- Hold the hair, from the root, in the palm of your hands (your palms should look like when you are about to say your prayers).
- Palm roll the hair, using a twisting motion, in the direction that the hair was originally twisted in, all the way to the ends.
- Use a Duck Bill to hold down each section of the palm rolled hair.
- Follow the same pattern to palm roll all your hair.
- Go under the hairdryer to dry your hair thoroughly.